Our Mission: Promote and enhance the personal and professional careers of women (and men!) in the field of Geographic Information Systems. Encourage acceptance, growth and exploration of diverse workplaces so that harmony may exist and a unique experience be found by all.
Announcements & Events
- March 13, 2012- Please join us at the close of day 1 of GIS In Action for a social with your colleagues from throughout the area. 4:30-6:30 at the Red Lion Hotel/Jantzen Beach.
- We are very excited that a group of highly motivated PSU and PCC students (including some involved with WIGIS) took the ideas of Geography of Food and work with the Oregon Food Bank and created Grocery CART PDX! They are working to quantify and map out the spatial dimensions of healthy food accessibility in the Portland area. Check out their efforts at grocerycartpdx.org.
WIGIS would like to thank our past sponsors.
The Oregon and Southwest Washington Chapter of the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (ORURISA).
- Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI)
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)
- New Seasons Markets
- Portland Nursery
- Audubon Society of Portland
- Old Wives’ Tales
- Annie Blooms Books
- Flying Pie Pizzeria
- Scholls Valley Native Nursery
- Music Millennium
- Joseph’s Dessert Company
ORURISA is our primary sponsor and has provided funding for our activities. Many donations from local businesses above have been offered to our volunteers in appreciation for their dedicated efforts. WIGIS accomplishments over the past year include: Oregon Humane Society Service Project; PAVTEC Math, Science, and Technology Conference for Middle School Girls; GISCI Certification Seminar and Workshop; 4-H Youth GIS/GPS Course Development and Instruction; and GIS Day 2004. Thanks to all of you who have organized and participated in these and other WIGIS activities.
And an extra thank you to those who have bought WIGIS water bottles!